HolicMS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

HolicMS
HolicMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Debate] Do you think love is real?

+17
Sabz
Yagame
xKayla.Kristina
Dischented
Tony
Z.O.Z
Jenny<3
yosim0n
iNib
=o
-Alvin
Gogee
xRaiindrops
cookieboy
Cecilia
xue
Schimmy
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you believe in true love?

[Debate] Do you think love is real? Vote_lcap79%[Debate] Do you think love is real? Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 23 ]
[Debate] Do you think love is real? Vote_lcap21%[Debate] Do you think love is real? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 29

[Debate] Do you think love is real? Empty [Debate] Do you think love is real?

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 pm

I know alot of people that think love is real and not real.
My opinion of love is that it is real if you make it real,
People dont believe in love because '' You dont
wanna lose the person you love'' But no matter what
if you believe in love you, you will still miss and love that
1 or 2 or 3 people
I know ''Love'' Really has nothen to do with HolicMS in any way shape or form,
but I was always sorta having this in my head.

To just see what people go to say about it and thier opinion and poll.
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

https://holicms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Do you think love is real? Empty Re: [Debate] Do you think love is real?

Post by xue Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm

its not real.. fake much...
dun easily get fool if sum1 say ily.. cuz its fake..
its juz a momentary emotion if u feel it real..
xue
xue
Premium Member

http://youfail.org/

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Do you think love is real? Empty Re: [Debate] Do you think love is real?

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:12 pm

Ouch. Xue =D.

For me I think Love is an emotion thoughtwards a person you care about.
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm

^^^
Infatuation much?

I love my family, I love my friends, But to be honest, I don't love love anyone.

I love everyone differently Smile

Cecilia
Elite Member

http://fmylife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Cecilia wrote:^^^
Infatuation much?

But to be honest, I don't love love anyone.

No Alvin?!!!??!?!?!?!

Naw im kidding. =)
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

LOL. You know I love Alvin, but not like that. I'll be ready to "love" when I'm happily married and I know he's the one. ( yeah a little old fashioned.)

Cecilia
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm

Cecilia wrote:LOL. You know I love Alvin, but not like that. I'll be ready to "love" when I'm happily married and I know he's the one. ( yeah a little old fashioned.)

O.O... Doesn't he live across the world from you? Shocked
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by cookieboy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:20 pm

love is real when it comes out from the heart not the mind

lmao corny much ;D
cookieboy
cookieboy
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:21 pm

cookieboy wrote:love is real when it comes out from the heart not the mind

lmao corny much ;D

Corny but true. Very Happy Very Happy
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, that's why I can't possibly give him my heart wholeheartedly. But don't get me wrong. I like-love him Smile LOL.

It's kinda like"I gave him/her my heart, they gave me a pen" (From a movie)

Instead of saying it back you try to "show" that you love them, so they wouldn't feel hurt. you know? Because you don't wanna say " I love you" and not really mean the whole LOVEEE. part.

I frankly think the term "love" is over-used.

Cecilia
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xRaiindrops Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:40 pm

hahah i dont belive in "TRUE love"
but i belive in love for family and friends ^__^
xRaiindrops
xRaiindrops
Legendary Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Ok.. Lets get this out of the system.. I mean LOVE not family love to this or friend love to that..
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by cookieboy Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 pm

love is real <333
cookieboy
cookieboy
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogee Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Meaning of Love:

You never have to be lonely. There's always somebody to love, even if it's just a squirrel or a kitten.

Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross.

When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.

Love cards like Valentine's cards say stuff on them that we'd like to say ourselves, but we wouldn't be caught dead saying.

I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom says she only picks on me

because she loves me. So I pick on my baby sister because I love her.

You have to fall in love before you get married. Then when you're married, you just sit around and read books together.
Gogee
Gogee
Legendary Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Schimmy Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Gogee wrote:Meaning of Love:

You have to fall in love before you get married. Then when you're married, you just sit around and read books together.

I don't think that statement is true.

I think marriage is when you found your life-long partner and want to be with them forver.

Thats what i think marriage is about.
Schimmy
Schimmy
Asian Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogee Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:40 pm

i just went to this website
http://home.att.net/~scorh2/MeaningOfLove.html

Gogee's Copy/Paste skill has been improved.
Gogee
Gogee
Legendary Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by -Alvin Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 am

Well.. for my case, I define love into these terms :

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love."

"Attention is the most basic form of love; through it we bless and are blessed."

"We love because it's the only true adventure."

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." *This is from me to you baby <3I love you

"Sometimes love is stronger than a man's convictions."

All of the above fits to myself and what I'm going to do for her perfectly (: And, true love does exist . It's only a matter of how you express yourself, how much you understand your partner who you know will be the boy/girl of your life, and how much you are going to give and sacrifice into your love life . When both parties understand these facts perfectly, they're a pair of love birds who will spend the rest of their lives together .

*PS - And yeah, we're like totally opposite each other of the world. But who cares ? There's a saying , Distance makes the heart grow fonder as you tend to miss the one you love when he/she is far away. But if that love lasts till they meet, You will know that he/she is the one for you. <3 I love you baby .

Last edited by -Alvin on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total

-Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post by =o Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 am

Love exists only after you have earned it.
=o
=o
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by -Alvin Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:10 am

=o wrote:Love exists only after you have earned it.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that . ahaha .

-Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNib Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 am

You can't earn Love, You just feel it. You can't make sumone Love you. That they have to feel themselves. Love is a feeling that noone can explain. a feeling of knowing the cherishment you have for that person. I love my family anf friends, but thats nothin to the Love i have for Jen. when her and i met. I got the flutter in my gut and my heart. i can't say i knew right then that i loved her, but it wont long after that day, that i Knew for sure i did. love is real just everyone don't experience it til later in life. sum may experience it at a young age. Love can be the one thing that can destroy a person without any physical damage. anything that can make me cry without hitting me is REAL.

To Alvin and Ceci - i wish u 2 the best of luck , have faith and you will have happiness. and im sorry i know our cultures are different but love is not a item (wedding ring). Love is not marriage, love causes marriage. I really hope you 2 work out for the best, It would be awesome to have one couple in our community Very Happy

My outlook = Love is a beautiful thing. Like it, cherish it, never forget it. altho love will not let you forget about it either.
iNib
iNib
Holicious
Holicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 am

LOL some of you guys are getting technical. You CAN'T define love, if you do define it then that means it's not real. A figment, if you would.

You'd think that if, in the very end, all we ever wanted was love, we'd work a little harder to keep it. But I guess, somewhere along the way we lose sight of it and forget that that was the whole reason any relationship ever began. Or maybe, sometimes we so desperately want it we throw ourselves blindly at anyone who seems like they're giving it to us and realize a little too late that it isn't, in fact, as pure and wonderful as we thought it'd be. Is it just that, we want someone to love us completely, but we're a little more selfish and don't want to give anyone else too much of our love?

But what good is it if that bit of love is so brief that it hardly counts? Is it really worth all the pain and time and effort only for that short feeling of happiness? The things we'll do for happiness, the sacrifices that are made and will continue to be made, it seems like there is nothing we can do but try and try again until by accident we stumble across a love that will last a life time.

The sad part of that is, not everyone will find it. And so for those who want it so much, it's always so terribly depressing watching them go through the same heart break over and over again and come out of it only with a new string of false hope. Sometimes I think it hurts me more than it hurts them, because although you wish you could tell them to stop, you too understand the deep yearning for just, one person to love you and to care for you. I don't have the heart to tell someone that it isn't worth it because it would be hypocritical to me. Not that I would go to the lengths that some might but...I can still understand why.

My point isn't, however, how hard it is to find love, but how some people will so easily give up in the process of finding love with whoever they're currently involved with. To see how quickly they're thwarted by the process of falling in love is so disheartening. They move on fast, all in the hopes to find another, quicker love that they can enjoy. But once they have it they throw it away like it's worthless because nothing but the chase is appealing.

It breaks my heart to see couples come and go and then flash back to them and wonder if they were ever sincere, ever genuine. How cold and mechanical we've become, to not have the patience and time for something so important like love. How distorted our image must be in order to think that something so beautiful can happen within a second of meeting someone.

I guess that's what they mean when they say our society is obsessed with time. Anything that takes too long is automatically deemed a waste of time. But why? Do we not live with the understanding that, for some things that truly matter, it does take that extra bit of effort but can't they see that it'll be so much more worth it in the end?

In my opinion, the world needs a little more love, that's all.

Cecilia
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogee Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Ceci did u type all that o-o...
Gogee
Gogee
Legendary Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yosim0n Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Well, everyone has their own say on love.
Love is way too broad of a subject to talk about.
That is why there is many different opinions on love by everyone.
yosim0n
yosim0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny<3 Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm

lol i dun rly think love is rl itys like a thing were you just feel like you like that person and if you get a relation ship you sometimes get in a fight so yea.....
Jenny<3
Jenny<3
Legendary Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:18 pm

No one can clearly define the word love. Here is my opinion.

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two

Love itself is blind, so it must be guided on through the trails of life, and eventually into the staircase of heaven.

Also, there is natural love, and artificial love. They are both very different things. Natural love comes from the heart, and artificial love comes from the mind.

KTHXBAI zzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next